Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday 7:00 : August 1, 2007

Technique:

Hanmi Handachi Katate Mochi Shihonage-1
Yokomen Uchi Shihonage-1 & 2
Suwariwaza Yokomen Uchi Ikkajo Osae-1 & 2
Katate Mochi Ikkajo Osae-1 & 2
Ushirowaza Ryote Mochi Ikkajo Osae-1 & 2

Note:
Class of 4, with 2 Senseis. Sensei kept telling me, "what are you doing?" or " what are you not doing?"... Training with less focus on what "I" do as not having Sensei on the mat caused my Aikido very careless, which I did not mean to do, nor expect to happen.

I'm very simple minded person after all, and I'm still at the beginning stage in my Aikido, so I can't nor shouldn't give attention to people (other than the opponent) when I train...yet the reality always doesn't come that way. I'm luckily in the position to be given the chance to lead the class when Sensei is away. The way my aikido became sloppy in the last 2 weeks proves I have not been training as precise as I usually do.

Talking about the distaction, I don't really handle "talking on the mat" well, even my voice distracts my brain functionality so it was quite a challenge for me to keep talking and even "trying to make" the points to the others in the class.

Still. talking of the others often distracts me as well, yet it was nice to be able not to listen to my own voice after 2 weeks!! It was nice to be able to focus on what "I" do or trying to do having Senseis back on the mat. Now, what I know is that I am going to stay this way and lose the sloppiness ASAP!

No comments: